Looking for work for "Altered," an art exhibition held at the 2015 International Trauma & Dissociation Conference in Seattle, Washington
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, September 4, 2015
Seeking art works for "Altered," an exhibition in conjunction with the 2015 International Trauma & Dissociation Conference, which will be held in Seattle this October 16th-18. Accepting visual art work in any medium, but must be 2-dimensional (able to be displayed on a wall). This year's conference theme is how the past affects the present, so we are interested in work that explores this, particularly in the context of having DID.
Works will be selected by curator and artist Carrie Katz and artist, musician, and activist Rachel Elise.
1. Attach between 1-10 jpg images of your art work, in any medium. Label the file with your name and slide number, such as: janejones_1.jpg, janejones_2.jpg, etc.
2. Include a separate text document listing the title, medium, size, and price of each work. The work does NOT need to be for sale. Artists will keep all proceeds from sale of their work. Example of label:
Night and Day (2013)
Oil on canvas
10" × 15"
3. Include a brief biography (paragraph about yourself). Include where you are located.
4. CV (optional)
5. Please include a few sentences on why you would like to show your work in this show and how your work relates. (Note: you do not need to be officially diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder to submit.)
6. APPLICATION DEADLINE: By September 4th, 2015 email submission materials to: carriekatz at gmail dot com, using the email subject:
You will be contacted about where to mail or drop off your art. Please email the address listed above with questions.